Around 11am on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 I received a phone call from our social worker for our first placement! I could not believe it when I answered the phone. It was really happening...
Sooooo, the call was for a placement of a sibling group of four boys ages 10, 9, 3, and 2 years old. Currently we are licensed for 4 children two being our bio children leaving a spot for 2 foster children. CPS wanted to start us off slowly and not license us for the total of 6 that our home size would allow. And we are not ready for placements of that number right now anyway.
The sw gave me what info she had at the time which basically were the ages and that this was an emergency removal. I did not know until this time that in our state emergency removals do not happen very often and have to be seriously warranted. The sw answered all of the questions that I had in reference to the children as best she could with the limited info that she had at the time. We chose to take the placement for the 2 and 3 year old.
This week has been a real experience and a real blessing at the same time. I hope to give this blog some real attention this weekend and get everything updated here. I am really hoping to use this as a place to record the happenings of this placement as we move along. We have been really lucky so far.....these boys are really sweet. I thank God for giving us the oppurtunity to help these little ones.
More to come....
Friday, May 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

o my word! how exciting!!! at first i thought you took all four and i my eyes were jumping out of my head! :) i am glad they are nice kids, i am sure all of the kids are having fun at your house! can't wait to hear more! and if you send me your email address that you log in to google with i will send you an invite to my private blog.
ReplyDelete